2017 May Meeting Minutes
Pine Island Ridge Community Association
Monthly Board Meeting
May 15, 2017
The regular monthly meeting for PIRCA was held on Monday, May 15, 2017 at Rosatti’s located at 5504 Lincoln Hwy, Schererville, IN 46375; Mr. Pocius being in the chair and the Secretary being present. The Meeting was called to order at 7:24pm by Mr. Pocius.
Board Members: Joshua Lawrence, Jim Onik, Yolla Blair, Mike Pocius, Rich Mulder, Bob Smith, Cherie Aleksik, Neal Kostelyk
Proxies: Elizabeth Sengupta gives her proxy to Yolla Blair
Town Visitors: None
Mr. Pocius announced that there was a Quorum, and that official business could be conducted.
Approval of the Minutes from April 17, 2017 Board Meeting
A motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Mr. Lawrence and seconded by Mr. Mulder. The motion passed by voice vote.
Mr. Pocius presented the report:
A bill from Flannigan’s for $6.71 for the remainder of the bulk mailing was received.
- A bill from Seasons Landscaping was received for 3 mowings and a weed killer application for $2347.00 was received.
- A bill from our attorney for reviewing a foreclosure, the bylaws, the process for collecting past due dues, the process or handling old files received from previous attorney, and a lawsuit for foreclosed property was received for $495.00.
- A bill for $89.99 from our former attorney was received.
A motion to pay these bills was made by Mr. Smith, and seconded by Mr. Onik.
There was a discussion regarding late notices and whether additional costs could be avoided by reaching out to the homeowner initially prior to turning them over to the attorney. Mr. Pocius stated that we have to wait until the new attorney has received all paperwork.
A motion to table further discussion on this topic until our attorney has received all the paperwork and has given us an “OK” to proceed was introduced by Mr. Lawrence and seconded by Ms. Aleksik – Motion passed by voice vote.
Common Area & Landscaping:
Mr. Mulder investigated the installation of riprap at Treebranch pond and determined it is not suitable for bulk purchase. He recommended going with Seasons’ previous quote of $180/ yard; 5-6 yards should be necessary. Mr. Mulder introduced a motion to request that Season’s conduct the work provided the cost is accurate, this was seconded by Mr Smith. Motion passed by voice vote
- Ms. Blair reported that the Willow tree at Tree Branch Pond is dead and will likely need to be removed
- The missing split-rail fences in common areas will not be addressed until utility work in the area has completed.
- Mr. Smith reported that mulch has been installed in the common/playground areas.
- Ms. Aleksik reported that the sinkhole in the Twin Lakes common area still needs to be addressed as it poses a risk.
Nothing to report at this time.
Nothing to report at this time
The Spring newsletter has been successfully mailed out.
- The new Email system is being utilized, replies by board members should be forwarded to email@example.com to send out from the official address.
- Special Events:
- Ms. Aleksik reported that everything is ready for the kiddie parade, the police and fire department have been contacted, and prizes and trophies have been acquired.
ARC: Due to the absence of the chair, no report was given.
A motion to remove Mr. Juantirans from ARC was introduced by Mr. Onik and seconded by Mr. Lawrence. Motion passed by voice vote with none opposed and Mr. Kostelyk abstaining.
- Mr. Onik prepared a letter informing the Town of Schererville of the changes pertaining to ARC approval. A motion to accept the letter as printed and to approve delivery was introduced by Mr. Lawrence and seconded by Mr. Onik; motion passed by voice vote unanimously.
Mr. Kostelyk reported that some work by Season’s has been postponed due to the utility construction in the area.
Nothing to report at this time.
A motion to adjourn was received from Ms. Blair, and was seconded Mr. Pocius. Motion passed by voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 8:33pm.